'We are challenged to do more.'
Non-profit organization RestoringVision has set a goal of reaching 13 million people with its services over the next few years.
RestoringVision distributes new reading glasses and sunglasses to groups and organizations helping those in need.
Over the past 13 years, the organization has helped more than 7 million people, founder Mark Sachs recently wrote in a letter to partners and friends. The new goal would bring the total number of people helped to 20 million by 2020.
"With an estimated need of over 500 million people, we are challenged to do more," Sachs wrote.
He added: "We have developed the processes and systems needed to get the glasses to you quickly and still affordably so that you can count on us for your next mission trip. We have tools in place to help you set up your dispensaries for maximum impact. Most importantly, we have the top quality, new glasses to change people’s lives."
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- CEO Named for LVMH-Marcolin Joint Venture
- Opternative Files Suit Against Warby Parker
- Gymnastics World Champion Shows Just How Cool Eyeglasses Can Be
- Essilor Announces New Achievement on Path to Luxottica Merger
- Time to Boost Eyecare Efforts Amid 'New Era of Blindness and Visual Impairment,' Group Says