It surpassed last year’s 586M.
(Press Release) The final results from National Sunglasses Day 2017 are in. Due to its efforts, The Vision Council garnered more than 836 million online, broadcast, social media and print consumer media impressions for National Sunglasses Day, while securing overwhelming industry support and promotions on June 27.
Here is an overview of the consumer media coverage:
- 55 online placements, garnering more than 518 million impressions. Top online placements include: Yahoo.com, Today.com, TeenVogue.com, HuffingtonPost.com and FamilyCircle.com.
- 7 national TV placements, as well as 479 local TV and radio placements, garnering more than 15 million impressions collectively. Top broadcast placements include: “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon,” “FOX Sports,” “NFL Total Access,” “NHL Tonight,” “Kathie Lee & Hoda” and “Weather Underground.”
- 89 social media placements via celebrity and influencers, 24 placements via editorial outlets, 26 placements via brands, and 40 placements via professional athletes and sports teams, garnering more than 301 million impressions collectively.
Top social media placements include: Audrina Patridge, Zanna Roberts Rassi, U.S. Secret Service, USA Today, QVC, Nordstrom, the Dallas Cowboys and DeMarcus Ware, among many others.
- One print placement via ELLE, garnering more than 1 million impressions.
Most notably, The Vision Council executed a series of broadcast interviews with Marie Claire senior fashion editor and “E! News” fashion correspondent Zanna Roberts Rassi, resulting in approximately 30 TV and radio interviews. Thus far, the initiative has resulted in nearly 30 million impressions, accounted for above. More segments that were taped are slated to go live in coming weeks, and will be shared the membership as they become available. The interviews focused on top-level National Sunglasses Day messaging, the importance of UV eye health and top summer sunglass trends. Please see below for video clips from “Good Day Illinois Marketplace” and “Good Day New Mexico.”
The Vision Council also worked to encourage the industry at large to promote National Sunglasses Day. Here’s an overview of how a few of The Vision Council’s member organizations helped spread the message:
- Kenmark Group facilitated a sunglass giveaway in honor of National Sunglasses Day.
- Essilor USA secured a broadcast segment on “Fox Good Day” in Dallas, TX, on June 27, among many other social media and blog promotions.
- Safilo Group secured an on-air National Sunglasses Day mention on CBS 3 Philadelphia during a summer sunglasses segment.
- Optic Nerve heavily promoted the date on its website, while offering sales incentives to its customers.
- Costa Sunglasses offered free shipping to all customers on June 27.
Additionally, The Vision Council secured a congressional announcement on June 27, given by Congresswoman Doris Matsui (D-CA), recognizing National Sunglasses Day as an official commemorative date to raise awareness surrounding UV eye health.