It combines 2 technologies.
(Press Release) JACKSONVILLE, FL – Johnson & Johnson Vision has announced the U.S. launch of ACUVUE VITA Brand Contact Lenses for ASTIGMATISM, a daily wear, monthly replacement contact lens with BLINK-STABILIZED Design and HydraMax Technology.
ACUVUE VITA Brand for ASTIGMATISM is the newest addition to the ACUVUE VITA family. Two-thirds of monthly spherical contact lens wearers report comfort-related issues, yet a majority (73 percent) do not tell their eyecareprofessional about their comfort issues because many think it is “normal” and some even fear that their doctor might take them out of contact lenses.
Astigmatism is an imperfection in the curvature of the cornea that can cause blurred or distorted vision. Symptoms of uncorrected astigmatism may include eye strain and headaches, especially after reading or other prolonged visual tasks. Squinting also is a common symptom. Mild to moderate astigmatism can be corrected through eyeglasses, contact lenses or surgery.
Nearly 1 out of every 2 vision corrected patients has astigmatism in at least one eye, and full correction can provide them with improved visual quality of life. With the addition of ACUVUE VITA for ASTIGMATISM, the ACUVUE VITA family now offers parameters for nearly 96 percent of spherical and astigmatic eyes.
ACUVUE VITA for ASTIGMATISM combines two technologies:
- HydraMax Technology is a non-coated silicone hydrogel formulation balanced to help maximize and maintain hydration throughout the lens for reliable, exceptional comfort – all month long. In a clinical study, more than 7 out of 10 wearers reported that ACUVUE VITA for ASTIGMATISM delivers exceptional comfort at weeks 1, 2, 3 and 4.
- BLINK-STABILIZED Design works naturally with the eyelids, helping to keep the lens in the correct position. In a clinical study, 75 percent of wearers reported crisp, clear, stable vision, even with head and eye movements.
“It is important that when eye care professionals prescribe a monthly contact lens for their astigmatic patients, they can be confident that the lens provides consistent, clear stable vision and exceptional comfort for a full month of wear – not just for the first week or two,” said Cristina Schnider, OD, director, global professional affairs for Johnson & Johnson Vision Care.
ACUVUE VITA for ASTIGMATISM provides Class I UV protection, blocking approximately 93 percent of UVA and 99 percent of UVB rays.
Johnson & Johnson Vision will launch ACUVUE VITA for ASTIGMATISM through its operating company, Johnson & Johnson Vision Care Inc.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- CEO Named for LVMH-Marcolin Joint Venture
- Opternative Files Suit Against Warby Parker
- Gymnastics World Champion Shows Just How Cool Eyeglasses Can Be
- Essilor Announces New Achievement on Path to Luxottica Merger
- Time to Boost Eyecare Efforts Amid 'New Era of Blindness and Visual Impairment,' Group Says