The grand prize is $5K.
(Press Release) DULUTH, GA – National Vision Inc., one of the nation’s largest optical retailers, is now accepting entries for its 2017-18 grant program. Inspired by Simon Sinek’s Ted Talk on “Start With Why,” National Vision is asking students to reflect on why they decided to attend optometry school and explain what they believe their personal mission as a future doctor of optometry will be for the chance to win a $5,000 grand prize.
To enter, applicants must be a third- or fourth-year optometry student in the U.S. and write a 500-word essay or create a short video that addresses questions such as:
- Has anyone, or any particular event, inspired you to choose your career path?
- What do you like about the optometry profession and the optical industry?
- How do you envision your “Why” will impact your relationships with patients, team members and other industry professionals?
A flyer with additional information and entry requirement details is available on the Optometry Students section of NationalVision.com.
“Simon Sinek’s ‘Start With Why’ has influenced many conversations at National Vision because it’s a powerful reminder for all of us to stay focused on why we do what we do each day in our professional and personal lives,” said Mauricio Wissinger, vice president of professional services for National Vision. “We are glad to support future optometrists with this grant and hope to inspire them to connect their career paths with their dreams and values at the same time.”
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- CEO Named for LVMH-Marcolin Joint Venture
- Opternative Files Suit Against Warby Parker
- Gymnastics World Champion Shows Just How Cool Eyeglasses Can Be
- Essilor Announces New Achievement on Path to Luxottica Merger
- Time to Boost Eyecare Efforts Amid 'New Era of Blindness and Visual Impairment,' Group Says