The one-year countdown begins for the widespread implementation of the International Classification of Diseases, Tenth Revision (ICD-10) code set, which health professionals will be required to use beginning Oct. 1, 2015.
To help optometric practices transition smoothly from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM, the American Optometric Association (AOA) is offering a 2015 ICD-10 coding bundle for purchase.
This coding bundle is unique to the optometric profession and can only be purchased through the AOA Marketplace. The 2015 ICD-10 Coding bundle includes: 2015 AOA Codes for Optometry (ICD-10), 2015 ICD-10 CM AOA Express Mapping Card (not sold separately), and 2015 AMA CPT Professional Edition.
2015 AOA Codes for Optometry (ICD-10) helps eye care professionals learn how to make correct decisions when selecting diagnosis codes using the new system. It is written for all skill levels—from basic to advanced—and appropriate for self-learners and the classroom. This educational tool helps professionals:
- Understand the purpose of ICD-10-CM and its relationship to the reimbursement process
- Understand and apply coding conventions when assigning codes
- Interpret basic coding guidelines for outpatient care
- Assign ICD-10-CM codes to the highest level of specificity
- Properly sequence ICD-10-CM codes
The 2015 ICD-10 coding bundle is approved and recommended by AOA's coding experts. AOA members will save more than $50 when they purchase the bundle, compared to non-members, but the products are available to all optometric professionals.
The AOA Marketplace serves as a one-stop shop for practice growth, patient education and office efficiency. In addition to ICD-10 coding products, optometric professionals can find:
- Marketing materials for building local awareness of ODs’ practices
- Patient education pamphlets and fact sheets
- Children’s vision pamphlets and activities
- Nutrition booklets, vision simulators and health fair kits
- Unique gallery prints
- Custom imprint options to promote an OD’s practice