The Food and Drug Administration has again updated Import Alert 86-07, which is its list of foreign manufacturers whose FDA-regulated products are to be detained by the FDA without physical examination if those products are introduced into the commerce of the United States.
In other words, if you purchase certain goods from one of the companies identified on this "Red List" then those goods will be detained by the FDA automatically upon presentation of the shipment to U.S. Customs, and you will likely have to export or destroy the merchandise.
The Vision Council has recently learned that four new companies from China, Taxhou Meidiya Glasses Co., Ltd., See-Good Enterprise Co., Ltd., Chao Zhou Kai Tai (Kui Hu) Optical Mfg. Co., and Linhai Xuanhong Glasses Factory, and one new company from Taiwan, Co-World Technology Co., Ltd., have been added to the list, bringing the total number of red-listed foreign companies to twenty.
For more information, and to view the current list of companies on the "Red List", click here.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Most Small Businesses Would Have No Idea What to Do If Hacked
- This Works Better Than Patching to Treat Lazy Eye, Scientists Say
- Opticians Association of America to Hold Conference in February
- It’s Way Easier to Get a Small-Business Loan These Days — But There’s a Catch
- Cheap Sunglasses Need Warning Labels, Insurer Says