Transitions Optical, Inc. has named the finalists for its annual Transitions Awards program, which recognizes optical labs, optical retailers and independent eyecare professionals for their year-long commitment to promoting eye health and photochromic lenses.
The finalists will be honored during Transitions Academy, held January 25-28 at Disney’s Contemporary Resort in Orlando.
The three finalists for the 24th annual U.S. Lab of the Year award are Expert Optics, Optical Prescription Lab and Walman Optical.
Finalists for the fifth annual National Retailer of the Year award are Costco Optical and Visionworks; and finalists for the Regional Retailer of the Year award include Henry Ford OptimEyes and SVS Vision.
Finalists for the fourth annual Eyecare Practice of the Year award are Dumas Vision Source, Southern Eye Specialists, P.C. and VisionArts Eyecare Center.
“In their own unique way, each of our Transitions Awards finalists are helping us drive growth for the adaptive lens category and creating conversations about vision within their local communities,” said Mikael Malagies, Director, Global Channel Management, Transitions Optical.
“On behalf of Transitions Optical, I would like to congratulate all of the finalists for their hard work and thank them for their loyal partnership and support as we continue to build the Transitions brand.”
The U.S. Transitions Lab of the Year title has been awarded annually since 1991 to an independent lab demonstrating a strong commitment to supporting Transitions Optical and its products and programs. The 2014 finalists include:
- Expert Optics – Since its beginnings in 1979, Expert Optics has operated as an independent laboratory. Headquartered in Shorewood, IL, the full service, wholesale distributor delivers a wide range of high-quality optical products and services to eyecare professionals. Expert was named a finalist for the award previously in 2012.
- Optical Prescription Lab – Since 1977, OPL has operated as a family-owned lab headquartered in Pelham, AL. Today, OPL provides premium optical products to eyecare professionals throughout the southeast. OPL is has been named Transitions Lab of the Year in 2011 and 2013 and has also been honored as a finalist three times previously.
- Walman Optical – Walman Optical is an employee-owned company headquartered in Minneapolis, MN. Established in 1915, the company is the largest independent ophthalmic company in the United States, with more than 40 branch offices in 19 states. Walman was named Transitions Lab of the Year in 1997 and has also been named a finalist three times.
Every year, Transitions Optical honors one National and one Regional Retailer of the Year for their commitment to encouraging healthy sight through superior vision care offerings.
2014 National Retailer of the Year Finalists
- Costco Optical – Named the 2011 winner and a previous finalist, Costco Optical prides itself on having one of the most knowledgeable staff in the industry, consisting of trained opticians and optometrists.
- Visionworks – Visionworks is a leading provider of eye care services with more than 600 optical retail stores in 40 states and the District of Columbia. Visionworks was named Transitions Retailer of the Year in 2010 and has been named a finalist three times previously.
2014 Regional Retailer of the Year Finalists
- Henry Ford OptimEyes – Henry Ford OptimEyes is a team of highly skilled doctors and health care professionals dedicated to providing the full spectrum of quality eye care for the whole family. Henry Ford OptimEyes operates 18 locations around the Metro Detroit area. Henry Ford OptimEyes has been named a finalist three times prior to this year.
- SVS Vision – Named the 2010 and 2012 Transitions Retailer of the Year, and a finalist in 2011, SVS Vision Optical is a 53-office regional chain in the mid-west, with the highest concentration of offices in Michigan and Ohio.
The Transitions Eyecare Practice of the Year award celebrates loyal eyecare practice partners who are actively promoting photochromic lenses and healthy sight to their patients and within their local communities. The 2014 finalists are all first-time finalists and include:
- Dumas Vision Source – Dumas Vision Source prides itself as the leading provider of quality vision care products and personalized optometric services in Dumas, TX and the surrounding areas. Since its beginning in 1990, Dumas Vision Source is committed to educating their patients and providing personalized eye care services.
- Southern Eyes Specialists – Headquartered in Atlanta and led by Dr. Rohit Sharma, Southern Eye Specialists is a full-scope optometric medical practice that specializes in caring for all vision needs and offers the latest in eye care needs.
- VisionArts Eyecare Center – VisionArts Eyecare Center has been servicing the Fulton, MO area with high quality personalized eye care since 1949. A full optical dispensary, VisionArts Eyecare Center provides uncompromised service and state-of-the-art technology.
For additional information about the Transitions Awards program, visit www.TransitionsPRO.com/Awards.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Most Small Businesses Would Have No Idea What to Do If Hacked
- This Works Better Than Patching to Treat Lazy Eye, Scientists Say
- Opticians Association of America to Hold Conference in February
- It’s Way Easier to Get a Small-Business Loan These Days — But There’s a Catch
- Cheap Sunglasses Need Warning Labels, Insurer Says