Think About Your Eyes has launched its 2015 television, radio, and digital advertising campaign to educate consumers on the benefits of vision health, highlighting the impressive growth and momentum of the industry initiative presented by The Vision Council and the American Optometric Association.
The first phase of this year’s campaign, which begins today, spotlights the importance of annual comprehensive eye exams and their impact overall health, as well as the symptoms of eye strain. The message will reach an estimated 129 Million adults and generate 1.1 Billion impressions throughout 2015. This new phase of the campaign follows an overwhelmingly successful year in 2014, for the industry as well as ECPs, with results seen across the board since the campaign’s inception:
- 5 percent increase in total eye exams;
- 9.3 percent increase in pharmaceutical prescriptions or referrals written;
- Almost 25 percent increase in eye diseases diagnosed;
- 6.7 percent increase in first time ever eye exams;
- 5 percent increase in exams for patients under 18;
- 5.5 percent increase in total prescriptions written.
The Think About Your Eyes campaign will include over 5,000 television spots, more than 540,000 radio spots, and digital ads reaching more than 61 million impressions over more than two thousand sites. The campaign also kicked-off with a full page print ad included in the on-site program for Super Bowl XLIX.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Most Small Businesses Would Have No Idea What to Do If Hacked
- This Works Better Than Patching to Treat Lazy Eye, Scientists Say
- Opticians Association of America to Hold Conference in February
- It’s Way Easier to Get a Small-Business Loan These Days — But There’s a Catch
- Cheap Sunglasses Need Warning Labels, Insurer Says