The Optical Women’s Association’s Champagne Breakfast will feature an Intimate Conversation with Luxottica’s Holly Rush, facilitated by Washington Post Live editor Lois Romano, on Thursday, March 19th, from 7:30 am to 9:00 am at the New York Marriott Marquis, Times Square.
Presented in a talk show format, Romano will engage in a dialogue with Rush on various themes including:
- If everyone is “leaning in,” how do you stand out? Exploring authentic leadership
- From Ego Systems to Eco Systems…the world is ready for more women in leadership
- Breaking your own personal glass ceiling…being your own Chief Visionary!
- Women helping women…Why mentoring moves us all forward
Rush was named president of Luxottica Wholesale North America in January 2014. In her current role she oversees all aspects of the distribution network in Luxottica’s largest eyewear market and represents some of the most recognizable brands in luxury, fashion and lifestyle such as Ray-Ban, Michael Kors and Chanel.
She has cultivated a successful career spanning more than 20 years in the consumer products industry, overseeing the growth and development of household name brands and commercial teams. Described as a passionate, people-focused, results-oriented leader, she is known as someone who balances visionary thinking with operational excellence. She is equally purposeful about creating the right conditions within organizations and teams that allow for true transformation and is committed to empowering and supporting the next generation of leaders, especially women.
The OWA Champagne Breakfast event honoring women leaders includes our Pleiades honoree, Maureen Cavanagh, President of the Vision Impact Institute, currently supported by Essilor, and our Pyxis honoree Amy Spiezio, Executive Editor of Eyecare Business. Both honorees will make short presentations on mentoring and giving back followed by a champagne toast in their honor.
Seating for this event will be limited and reservations are required. The OWA preferred rate for this event is $35. The event is being sponsored by OWA Platinum Sponsor, Luxottica. Reserve online at www.OpticalWomen.com/ChampagneBreakfast by Friday February 27th, 2015.
The OWA will also host their traditional Friday night party, the OWA 2015 Annual Star Award Ceremony and Networking Event for the award presentations of the 2015 Pleiades Award and Pyxis Award, on Friday, March 20th from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm at the Calvin Klein showroom at 654 Madison Avenue. All are welcome. This complimentary event is presented by OWA Platinum Sponsor, Marchon. RSVP online at www.OpticalWomen.com/StarAwardCeremony by Friday March 6th, 2015.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Q&A: INVISION's Dee Carroll Talks About Eyewear Trends and the Buying Experience
- LVMH and Marcolin Are Planning a Major Deal, Report Says
- Bausch + Lomb Patent Was Violated, Court Finds
- Here's How Small-Business Owners Feel About Repealing Obamacare
- Luxottica-Essilor Deal Solves Key Issue for Founder