Optometric professionals are encouraged to make their travel plans now to visit the Pacific Northwest for the American Optometric Association’s much anticipated 2015 Optometry’s Meeting, which will take place June 24-28.
The Emerald City—Seattle, Washington—will set the stage for the event, and if AOA-member ODs and their staff take advantage of early bird registration now through May 1, they can enjoy savings of nearly 20 percent off on-site registration fees.
With more than 200 hours of continuing education (CE), more than 200 exhibitors and countless networking opportunities with some of the most accomplished professionals in the industry, this year’s event is not one to miss.
This year's Optometry's Meeting features all-new experiences for attendees. Here are a few highlights to expect:
- Internationally renowned speakers. Former Navy SEAL Robert J. O'Neill is the keynote speaker for the Opening General Session (sponsored by Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc.), delivering his insight on leadership and decision-making. The Celebration of Optometry (sponsored by Hoya) is headlined by Sinbad, ranked by Comedy Central as one of the top-100 stand-up comedians of all time, while performance painter Brian Olsen colors the stage with his unique twist to speed painting.
- Exclusive events. The all-new 'OD Talks' session, inspired by TED-style talks, outlines the profession's future on Wednesday, June 24—an accredited CE event. Attend the Exhibit Hall's grand opening Thursday, and learn about 21st-century tools-of-the-trade at the "Appy Hour." Take part in the "Taste of Seattle Experience" on Friday for a culinary tour of the Emerald City, and receive a lunch coupon for Saturday, sponsored by Signet Armorlite.
- Expanded education opportunities. Five days of CE give doctors every reason to arrive early and stay late. CE kicks off at 12:30 p.m. Wednesday, June 24, and continues through noon Sunday for an additional half-day of CE. New in 2015: the OD Crossfire Series interactive education track, featuring audience response technology; seven hands-on OD workshops at $30 each; and four paraoptometric workshops.
Online registration is fast and simple at optometrysmeeting.org. Registration will not be accepted via phone or email.
If you need help with registration, call customer service at (877) 394-9748, or for international attendees, (708) 344-1112.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Report: Luxottica-Essilor Deal to Get 'Unconditional' Approval in Europe
- Solar Eclipse Burns Crescent Shape Into Woman's Eye
- New Optometry School to Open Within 5 Years, Enroll 70 Students
- Eye Doctor Could Spend Decades in Prison for $100M Medicare Fraud
- Optical Firm to Invest $27M in Distribution Center, Create 223 Jobs