The Optometric Center of New York, the foundation of the SUNY College of Optometry, will hold its 12th annual ‘Eyes on New York’ gala at one of the city’s most iconic landmarks, The Plaza, on Friday, March 20.
The event supports the OCNY‘s mission of providing comprehensive vision care to people in need, as well as student scholarships and support for research at the College.
This year, the OCNY will honor Angel Alvarez, the founder and CEO of ABB Optical Group, one of the nation’s leading distributor of optical products, including contact lenses, stock ophthalmic lenses, eyewear and more. At the helm of ABB for more than 25 years, Mr. Alvarez’s strategic direction for the company has led to the success of thousands of eye care professionals nationwide.
Serving as chair of the event is Dr. Allan Barker, vice president of the board of directors for Optometry Cares – The AOA Foundation and president of Eyecarecenter, which operates more than 50 clinics throughout North Carolina and South Carolina. The honorary chair of the gala is Dr. Nancy L. Zimpher, the current chancellor of the State University of New York.
For more information visit SunyOpt.edu or ABBOptical.com.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Yet Another Reason to Make Your Kid Put Down the Smartphone and Go Play Outside
- With This Sculpture, New Eyecare Practice Will Be Impossible to Overlook
- Vision West's Support for Optometry Group Tops $12.4M
- ABB Optical Group Offers Free Scleral Lens Education
- Woman Claims She Was Blinded by Cosmetic Contact Lenses