The top four highest-paid retail and restaurant CEOs all make at least $9,000 every 60 minutes.
After combing through data from S&P Market Intelligence, USA Today compiled a ranking of the 10 highest-paid CEOs in the restaurant and retail industries. The article says that the data spans 76 restaurant and retail companies in the Standard & Poor’s Composite 1500 that have disclosed their executive pay for the 2015 fiscal year. As the figures below indicate, being the head honcho of a publicly traded retail giant is “nice work, if you can get it,” says Brandon Rees, deputy director of the office of investment at labor union AFL-CIO.
Here are the top 10 highest-paid restaurant and retail CEOs on a per-hour basis, according to the news outlet:
- Larry Merlo, CVS Health – $13,915
- Leslie Wexner, L Brands – $13,062
- Howard Schultz, Starbucks – $9,659
- Doug McMillon, Walmart – $9,323
- Steven Ells, Chipotle – $6,653
- Montgomery Moran, Chipotle – $6,520
- Robert Niblock, Lowe’s – $6,325
- Hubert Joly, Best Buy – $6,220
- Thomas Folliard, CarMax – $5,623
- Terry Lundgren, Macy’s – $5,623