Primary Eyecare Network is launching a monthly webinar series.
Primary Eyecare Network (PEN) has announced a new monthly webinar series focused on human resources and other issues within the optometry industry.
“With the information we will be covering in this series of webinars, employers will be able to keep their practices running efficiently and productively while avoiding potential HR problems," PEN Marketing and Education Manager Mary Eastwood, OD, FAAO, said in a release.
The series is free for PEN members and costs $15 per webinar for non-members.
Taking place from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. Pacific time, the webinars will cover:
- Meal and Rest Period Policies: Ensuring Compliance and Avoiding Vulnerabilities – March 16
- Family Medical Leave: Avoiding the Legal and Regulatory Perils of FMLA, PDL, ADA and more – May 18
- Discipline and Reviews – July 20
- Firing: The Rights of At-Will Employees in California – Sept. 21
- Work Compensation – Nov. 16
- Affordable Care Act: Upcoming Changes and the Cadillac Tax – Nov. 16
Kathy Kennady, a partner and vice president with JMA Human Resource Management, will lead the first four seminars. Kennady specializes in employee relations, labor law, medical leave regulations and recruitment.
Ed Schumann will lead the Nov. 16 webinar on work compensation, and Dina Capaccioli will lead the Nov. 16 webinar on the Affordable Care Act. Schumann is senior vice president of Pinnacle Brokers, a risk management company focused on cost containment analysis and control. Capaccioli focuses on employee benefits, legislation and the changing needs of healthcare organizations in her role as vice president of employee benefits at Pinnacle Brokers Insurance and Consulting.