XOXO Bali, though all models do great. Great fitting, great price, fun colors and shapes in GX by Gwen Stefani too. Erin Pillsbury , Shasta Eye Medical Group, Redding, CA
The feminine XOXO Bali in an acetate cat eye shape is complemented by silkscreened metal temples. MSRP: $145-$155
Top-selling vision brands in February*
Ray-Ban (23), Kate Spade (8), Jimmy Choo (6), Oakley (6), Coach (5), MODO (5), Prodesign (5), Lafont (4), Silhouette (4), Article One (3), FYSH (3), Lightec (3), Lilly Pulitzer (3), Nike (3), Safilo (3), Scott Harris (3), Barton Perreira (2), Cinzia (2), Etnia Barcelona (2), Eyes of Faith (2), gx by Gwen Stefani (2), Original Penguin (2), Prada (2), SD Eyes (2), Tura (2), WOOW (2)
Ray-Ban (37), Oakley (12), Maui Jim (13), Kate Spade (9), Costa (6), Polaroid (4), Coach (2), FYSH (2), Wiley X (2)
* Brands mentioned by multiple Brain Squad members when asked what had sold well in January. Join at invisionmag.com/brainsquad
- For ladies, the Jubilee 5924 in red is a fantastic frame. It fits so many different face shapes, that I’m even wearing it right now. The men are buying Airlock. Frances Ann Layton, Eye Associates of South GA, Valdosta, GA
- The new Costa ophthalmic line did very well this month. They are well-made and comfortable. Angie Patteson, OD Sunset Eye Care, PC, Johnson City, TN
- Jimmy Choo, any of the styles with the crushed crystal look on the temples, especially style 106. Scott Keating, OD Vision Trends, Dover, OH
- Vari. Patients love the light weight and the colors. Kim Riggs, OD Kimberly Riggs OD, Ligonier, PA
- Kate Spade has always been one of our highest sellers for women. Nike all the way for kids. MODO is making its way up to one of our hot sellers. The lightweight design and beautiful colors attract many patients. Susan Frein, Ankeny Family Vision Center, Ankeny, IA
- The bebe line from Altair was our best seller last month. It’s always one of our best lines. Christine Howard, Attleboro Vision Care, Attleboro, MA
- Chanel, sophisticated styles, and Etnia Barcelona, lots of fun colors. Stephanie Kuhn, Optique Vision Center, Yukon, OK
- Taylor Madison model Bryan and Silhouette model 5479 were our best sellers for February. Brian Finley, Island Opticians, Palm Beach, FL
- Shaw frames from Zyloware. We’ve had some really big guys in this month. Cindy Henderson, Eyear Optical, Hixson, TN
- BrillenEyes DUTZ was the winner for us in the men’s category for February. Their bold colors and cool style was a hit. Scott Felten, Fox Valley Family Eye Care, Little Chute, WI
- Oakley and Maui Jim do well in our area, it fits our demographic. We also sell a lot of RX fashion sunnies as second pairs. Jim Williams, Eye to Eye Optometry, Mexico, MO
- Pianna by Lafont is such a universal, well-rounded, good look for all women. It’s classy and can be dressed down or dressed up. WOOW Super Cult in blue and brown tortoise (C: 3004) with it’s beautiful unique color and gold metal arms, we cannot keep it in stock. Heather Harrington, Elevated Eyecare, Denver, CO
- Garrett Leight Kinney. Perhaps the best P3 invented. Dave Schultz, OD, Urban Optics, San Luis Obispo, CA
- New Steve Madden line is doing great. Sold three pair the day after I put some out. Anke Andrzejewski, The Eye Specialist, Virginia Beach, VA
- Lilly Pulitzer by Kenmark. The cool spring colors have everyone in the mood for nice weather. Jade Kowalick, Rophie Eye Care, Dunedin, FL
- Fossil zyl, everybody wants chunky. Lots of ladies choosing men’s styles. Paul Londraville, In Focus Eyewear, Greensboro, NC
- Xavier Garcia has been flying off the shelf! Especially Berta and their new line of acetates. Katie McElvaine, OD Springfield Family Vision, Springfield, MO
This article originally appeared in the April 2017 edition of INVISION.
What's the Brain Squad?
If you're the owner or top manager of a U.S. eyecare business serving the public, you're invited to join the INVISION Brain Squad. By taking one five-minute quiz a month, you can get a free t-shirt, be featured prominently in this magazine, and make your voice heard on key issues affecting eyecare professionals. Good deal, right? Sign up here.
Hear What the Industry Thinks About the Ultimate Lens Package by Essilor
Eye care professionals, patients, and Essilor sales consultants shared their feedback on the Ultimate Lens Package. Watch to see why they believe the innovation behind the lens can make the difference for your practice and for your patients. For more information on the Ultimate Lens Package, contact an Essilor Sales Consultant or click here.