This industry is like a TED talk to me. Technology, Entertainment, Design. Every day I look forward to the next. I’ve embraced the rapid changes with eCommerce and have figured out how to harmonize and stay relevant. Sherry Berry, Eye Against Eye, Philadelphia, PA
- The Opternative piece (Feb 2018) should be followed up with an analysis of how their partnership with online contact lens and frame sellers has led to negative patient health outcomes and an overall devaluing of the eye exam. James Armstrong, Alberta Eye Care, Portland, OR
- As an industry, we have to do a better job of educating our opticians. The doctors have enough on their plate keeping up with the requirements of their specialties. Let the opticians do their job and don’t handicap your office with “frame stylists,” “consultants,” or temple benders. Hire trained and educated opticians. Their ability to satisfy patients and keep your chairs clear of glasses complaints will increase your bottom line far more than their salaries decrease it. Dave Goodrich, Goodrich Optical, Lansing, MI
- I just love your publication! I read it from cover to cover and pass it along to my doctor. It’s very engaging and we have implemented many ideas. Thank you! Desiree Davis, Bee Cave Vision Center and Dripping Springs Vision Center, Bee Cave and Dripping Springs, TX
- I love that you keep us informed on the new frame lines from independents! Yes, there will always be Oakley and Ray-Ban but I’m liking some of the “small guys” too. Keep up the good work! Paula Koch, OD, Cherry Optometry, Chelsea, MI
- I really enjoy how you make your publication relevant to our industry. You guys are very inclusive and interactive. Diana Sims, Buena Vista Optical, Chicago, IL
- Our business has changed dramatically over the past decades. Many want the old ways back. Your magazine recognizes these changes and helps the industry to also. We need to find ways to incorporate them into our approach and still meet our customers’ needs and expectations. You are also good at finding us great examples of those who have done this and how they did it. Bob Mcbeath, Edina Eye, Edina, MN
Correction: In the February 2018 Better Vision feature, we incorrectly identified the manufacturer of the Ultimate Lens Package. The Ultimate Lens Package is available through Essilor (800) 377-4567, essilorusa.com.
This article originally appeared in the April 2018 edition of INVISION.