Gogosha Optique, Los Angeles, CA
If you haven’t heard of Julia Gogosha you probably need to get out more. An indie eyewear darling, she established Gogosha Optique in 2008 after working for others on the rep and retail side. A busy #girlboss who pursues a number of ways to stay sane, she knows the secret to life is just showing up. Recently at The Loft NYC party, she buzz-cut her head for charity. Recruited by Scott Balesteri of Bad Ass Optical Lab and joined by Richard Berliner of J.F. Rey, the trio raised about $8,500 for St. Baldrick’s, a non-profit that raises money for children’s cancer research. “Shaving my head was a whim that [Scott] turned into a purpose,” she says. “I just helped get the word out and showed up.”
This article originally appeared in the May 2017 edition of INVISION.
Latest Fun Stories
- 34 MORE Sad-But-True Things Patients Actually Said to Their Eye Doctors
- What You Really Wish You Could Say to that Client Who Won't. Get. Off. Their. Phone!
- The Staff Members Who Will Go Down in History ... or Infamy
- For These Married Partners Unwinding Comes by Way of Netflix and Whiskey
- What You DID Say to that Rude, Frustrating Patient
Hear What the Industry Thinks About the Ultimate Lens Package by Essilor
Eye care professionals, patients, and Essilor sales consultants shared their feedback on the Ultimate Lens Package. Watch to see why they believe the innovation behind the lens can make the difference for your practice and for your patients. For more information on the Ultimate Lens Package, contact an Essilor Sales Consultant or click here.