This article originally appeared in the January 2015 edition of INVISION.
Conversation with a seemingly normally functional patient, a 55-year-old woman who doesn’t want to wear glasses at all. After discussing contact lens, LASIK and surgical options with her, none of which would “give her what she wants,” the following exchange occurred:
Patient: “I heard that they are starting to do eye transplants for improving vision. Am I a candidate?”
Me: “What exactly do you mean by ‘eye transplants’?”
Patient: “When they take a dead person’s eyes, who had good vision, and replace another person’s eyes who wants better vision.”
Dr. Leigh Kozak, Medical Eye Care Associates, Norwood, MA
Latest Fun Stories
- 34 MORE Sad-But-True Things Patients Actually Said to Their Eye Doctors
- What You Really Wish You Could Say to that Client Who Won't. Get. Off. Their. Phone!
- The Staff Members Who Will Go Down in History ... or Infamy
- For These Married Partners Unwinding Comes by Way of Netflix and Whiskey
- What You DID Say to that Rude, Frustrating Patient
Hear What the Industry Thinks About the Ultimate Lens Package by Essilor
Eye care professionals, patients, and Essilor sales consultants shared their feedback on the Ultimate Lens Package. Watch to see why they believe the innovation behind the lens can make the difference for your practice and for your patients. For more information on the Ultimate Lens Package, contact an Essilor Sales Consultant or click here.