It was a huge day for eye health awareness.
June 27 was National Sunglasses Day — but if you use Facebook or Twitter, you probably already knew that.
The annual celebration of shades was a huge deal on social media, where people used the hashtags #NationalSunglassesDay and #SunglassSelfie.
This year's celebration marked the fourth consecutive year that The Vision Council has promoted the importance of UV-protective eyewear through National Sunglasses Day.
Here are a few of the cool posts we saw:
Do you agree?
USA Today encouraged its Facebook fans to watch out for UV rays.
The Vision Council had some good advice, too.
Forbes posted a cool video.
You don't have to be human to celebrate National Sunglasses Day.
Seriously, you don't.
The U.S. Secret Service got in on the action!
Stay cool until the next National Sunglasses Day!
Latest Fun Stories
- 34 MORE Sad-But-True Things Patients Actually Said to Their Eye Doctors
- What You Really Wish You Could Say to that Client Who Won't. Get. Off. Their. Phone!
- The Staff Members Who Will Go Down in History ... or Infamy
- For These Married Partners Unwinding Comes by Way of Netflix and Whiskey
- What You DID Say to that Rude, Frustrating Patient
Hear What the Industry Thinks About the Ultimate Lens Package by Essilor
Eye care professionals, patients, and Essilor sales consultants shared their feedback on the Ultimate Lens Package. Watch to see why they believe the innovation behind the lens can make the difference for your practice and for your patients. For more information on the Ultimate Lens Package, contact an Essilor Sales Consultant or click here.