This is almost abusive! I will call the school, social services, someone to get this kid glasses!”
... To the parents of a girl who needed first-time glasses. It took them months to order the frames. What I really said: “You don’t have to get them here, but you have to get her glasses somewhere.”
This article originally appeared in the January 2018 edition of INVISION.
What's the Brain Squad?
If you're the owner or top manager of a U.S. eyecare business serving the public, you're invited to join the INVISION Brain Squad. By taking one five-minute quiz a month, you can get a free t-shirt, be featured prominently in this magazine, and make your voice heard on key issues affecting eyecare professionals. Good deal, right? Sign up here.
Latest Fun Stories
- For This Ohio OD Food and Travel Keeps Him Sane and the Diet Starts Tomorrow
- Ouch! We Wish It Had Been a Booger
- What You Should Have Said to That Customer Who Complains about Reading Your Care Instructions
- 34 MORE Sad-But-True Things Patients Actually Said to Their Eye Doctors
- What You Really Wish You Could Say to that Client Who Won't. Get. Off. Their. Phone!