Dr. Katie and Scot McElvaineSpringfield Family Vision, Springfield, MO
The couple that works and PLAYS together stays … sane. Prior to opening Springfield Family Vision Dr. Katie McElvaine and her husband, Scot, worked opposite schedules and barely got to see each other. Now one of their favorite things about running their business is “working with our best friend. Now we get to spend some time together every day.” When Dr. Katie is “playing optometrist,” she says, Scot is “playing optician/manager.” Despite the joy they find in building their business together, it isn’t without it’s challenges. Dr. Katie says prior authorizations on medications make her “batty.” And Scot’s head wants to explode anytime shoppers are afraid to try anything other than the exact frame style and color they’ve had. Luckily, they know how to unwind together with a little streaming TV and a glass of whiskey … or two.
This article originally appeared in the May 2018 edition of INVISION.
Latest Fun Stories
- For This Ohio OD Food and Travel Keeps Him Sane and the Diet Starts Tomorrow
- Ouch! We Wish It Had Been a Booger
- What You Should Have Said to That Customer Who Complains about Reading Your Care Instructions
- 34 MORE Sad-But-True Things Patients Actually Said to Their Eye Doctors
- What You Really Wish You Could Say to that Client Who Won't. Get. Off. Their. Phone!
Hear What the Industry Thinks About the Ultimate Lens Package by Essilor
Eye care professionals, patients, and Essilor sales consultants shared their feedback on the Ultimate Lens Package. Watch to see why they believe the innovation behind the lens can make the difference for your practice and for your patients. For more information on the Ultimate Lens Package, contact an Essilor Sales Consultant or click here.