THIS MONTH'S QUESTION: Do you maintain a regularly updated blog on your website?
- Once every other month. Susan Miller, Bright E Vision, Hartsville, PA
- It doesn’t have a special name, just the “blog” link on our website, but I post monthly. Have had many marketing companies approach to make content for our blog, but I think it’s much more genuine and applicable to generate the content in-house. Caitlin Bruno, Binyon Vision Center, Bellingham, WA
- Ours is mottoptical.com and we post monthly. Kaleena Ma, MK Vision Center, Forest Hills, NY
- Originally the idea was to call the blog Eye Guy New York. Instead, it's fallen into just being the Eye Designs Blog but there's always a chance it will revert back; eyedesignsofwestchester.com/blog/. Harris Decker, Eye Designs Of Westchester, Scarsdale, NY
- We post several times a month. Cindy Henderson, Eyear Optical, Hixson, TN
- It’s Eye-Q. It started off weekly and now it's monthly. Ideally, it would be weekly but it takes a fair amount of time to post and write SEO for it. It is really important for SEO and adding fresh content. Selina McGee, OD, Precision Vision, Edmond, OK
- We update at least monthly. Jocelyn Mylott, D'Ambrosio Eye Care, Inc., Lancaster, MA
- No time. Too busy seeing patients. Hopefully, this will change with the addition of a new doctor. Dennis Iadarola, OD, Center For Vision Care, Monroe, CT
- I am a homeschooling mother in the mornings and an optometrist in the afternoons. I just don’t have time. When I get home it's back to my role as mom. If I am lucky I will have time to relax and read before I fall asleep. Pauline Buck, OD, Behavioral and Developmental Optometrists, Miami, FL
- We are a small office and my other two co-workers could care less about social media and it’s the last thing on my mind. Betty Aretz, The Eyecare Boutique, Wexford, PA
- Not enough time. Mark Perry, OD, Vision Health Institute, Orlando, FL
- No website. Jill Sweig, OD, Oyster Bay Optics, Oyster Bay, NY
- We have one but don't post regularly. Paula Hornbeck, Eye Candy & Eye Candy Kids, Delafield, WI
- No. We are trying but it always takes a back seat! Katie McElvaine, OD, Springfield Family Vision, Springfield, MO
- Not enough time because I update and keep our social media on point. Heather Harrington, Elevated Eyecare, Denver, CO
- We are just getting started with our website, going to EHR. Sand Slang, Ophthalmology Associates, Cudahy, WI
- It's all about time. I don't make the time to do it as I am running a business, seeing guests, answering guests questions, etc. Ted McElroy, OD, Vision Source Tifton, Tifton, GA
- Time doesn't allow it. Frances Ann Layton, Eye Associates of South GA, Valdosta, GA
- We do not have the personnel to take care of it. Pablo E Mercado, Mount Vernon Eyecare, Dunwoody, GA
- There's enough stuff to maintain! And, honestly, who reads eye doctors' blogs? Jen Heller, Pend Oreille Vision Care, Sandpoint, ID
- Sadly, I'm not at this time super computer savvy. Julie Uram, Optical Oasis, Jupiter, FL
- I don't want one unless we can have it updated regularly with content we create. Since that isn't happening right now, the blog isn't happening right now. Jenna Gilbertson, McCulley Optix Gallery, Fargo, ND
- We are currently updating our website and it will have a blog that I will be contributing to at least once or twice a week. William Chancellor, Eye Can See Eyewear, McDonough, GA
- We have an "auto posting" blog but we rarely do much more. Time is a big factor. We mainly want a new blog post to help keep our SEO good but very few people read them so investing time in them just does not pay right now. Keeping the SEO good is what matters and the auto blog posting is good for that. Zachary Dirks, OD, St. Peter and Belle Plaine Eyecare Centers, Saint Peter, MN
- Too busy seeing patients sent to our office by word of mouth and word of YELP (ugh). Texas L. Smith, OD, Dr. Texas L. Smith & Associates, Citrus Heights, CA
This article originally appeared in the June 2018 edition of INVISION.
What's the Brain Squad?
If you're the owner or top manager of a U.S. eyecare business serving the public, you're invited to join the INVISION Brain Squad. By taking one five-minute quiz a month, you can get a free t-shirt, be featured prominently in this magazine, and make your voice heard on key issues affecting eyecare professionals. Good deal, right? Sign up here.