It’s June, which means it’s Dad’s turn and Father’s Day is up. Because of this, and because men are often underrepresented in fashion and trend conversations, we are loosely calling this our Men’s issue. We’ve got some great eyewear and sunwear options for dudes in our frame stories and a Better Vision perfect for presbyopes (page 32). I even thought about calling this note something like “It’s Raining Men!” but the idea of men plummeting from the sky has always just seemed dangerous to all parties involved.
And quite frankly, I have more exciting things to talk about…
WE LAUNCHED A PODCAST! That’s right, just in case you didn’t get enough of me each month in these 300 words, you can now get me right in your ear… and I am bringing guests along. Our first episode with Robert Bell is now live on the site; just go to the Education and Video tab on the invisionmag.com homepage. We’ll have a new one for you each month.
And we didn’t launch a podcast just for funsies (though it is that!) In this day and age, you need to get creative with your marketing if you want to keep attracting new eyes and ears. We know that, and we know that it’s especially hard for those of you in small towns. So, in an effort to help you ramp up the effectiveness of your marketing efforts, we pulled together one hell of a Big Story — Population: Smallsville — with tons of ideas to help attract attention (page 38).
But make sure your business is dressed to impress when those new folks arrive. If your office or dispensary is in need of a little tszuj before the crowds descend, then check out our Special Feature on page 50 about design updates on a budget.
Best wishes for your business,
Five Great Tips From This Issue You Can Try Today
- Soon there will be roughly 1,800 presbyopes for every OD, but only 13 percent currently fit multifocal contacts. (Better Vision, page 32)
- Is social media not the marketing panacea you’d hoped it would be in your small town? We’ve got some other ideas. (Big Story, page 38)
- To the walls! Have you overlooked this cheap and easy way to refresh your space? (Special Feature, page 50)
- Our Tip Sheet is especially good this issue. There are at least three things you can start doing today. (Tip Sheet, page 58)
- Eyecare is life! But for many, so is golf. This practice combines them and gives to charity. (Best of the Best, page 68)
This article originally appeared in the June 2018 edition of INVISION.
Hear What the Industry Thinks About the Ultimate Lens Package by Essilor
Eye care professionals, patients, and Essilor sales consultants shared their feedback on the Ultimate Lens Package. Watch to see why they believe the innovation behind the lens can make the difference for your practice and for your patients. For more information on the Ultimate Lens Package, contact an Essilor Sales Consultant or click here.