- We support organizations that we feel strongly about including children’s and LGBT groups.— Steve Nelson, Eye Candy Optical, Westlake, OH
- I try to do as many Great Glasses Play Day celebrations as possible. It’s a great way to get your business out there, and you have to let the kids know that wearing glasses is not the worst thing in the world.— Jade Kowalick, Rophie Eye Care, Dunedin, FL
- I’m a member of the local Lions Club and have free events for the community at my office. This year we are going to poll our patients on what organization to give back to and have a portion of our proceeds from our events go to these organizations.— Nytarsha Thomas, OD, Visionelle Eyecare, Zionsville, IN
- We support our local chamber of commerce. We volunteer and donate to local elementary schools and we donate professional time and provide financial support to organizations serving Holocaust Survivors. We also support our local church and synagogue.— Rita Ellent, OD, The Gardens Eye Care, Forest Hills, NY
- We do things like have our doctors do screenings at schools and assisted living homes. They talk at chamber and healthcare events. The optical will visit assisted living or nursing homes to repair and adjust eyewear. We also fundraise in the optical with a BOGO program on higher end frames and we have lens packages from which a portion of the proceeds are donated to our local dog training facility for service dogs. — Jocelyn Mylott, D’Ambrosio Eye Care, Lancaster, MA
- I would love to! But I have not allocated the time. — Julia Emery, OD, Distinct Vision, Round Rock, TX
- Lazy. — Michael Davis, OD, Opti-Care, Eldersburg, MD
This article originally appeared in the April 2017 edition of INVISION.
What's the Brain Squad?
If you're the owner or top manager of a U.S. eyecare business serving the public, you're invited to join the INVISION Brain Squad. By taking one five-minute quiz a month, you can get a free t-shirt, be featured prominently in this magazine, and make your voice heard on key issues affecting eyecare professionals. Good deal, right? Sign up here.
Hear What the Industry Thinks About the Ultimate Lens Package by Essilor
Eye care professionals, patients, and Essilor sales consultants shared their feedback on the Ultimate Lens Package. Watch to see why they believe the innovation behind the lens can make the difference for your practice and for your patients. For more information on the Ultimate Lens Package, contact an Essilor Sales Consultant or click here.