The company says Valeant would cut back on research.
Reports say that Botox-maker Allergan this week will reject the $46 billion take-over offer from rival Valeant Pharmaceuticals, which recently acquired Bausch & Lomb, setting the stage for what the Financial Times calls “a hostile takeover battle at the top of the US drugmaking industry.” Allergan is expected to raise concerns that Valeant would cut research and development as a reason for refusing the offer. The acquisition would create the pre-eminent global powerhouse in the eyecare industry.
Hear What the Industry Thinks About the Ultimate Lens Package by Essilor
Eye care professionals, patients, and Essilor sales consultants shared their feedback on the Ultimate Lens Package. Watch to see why they believe the innovation behind the lens can make the difference for your practice and for your patients. For more information on the Ultimate Lens Package, contact an Essilor Sales Consultant or click here.
INVISIONMAG ON INSTAGRAM
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- 255K Signatures Collected in Effort to Allow Eyecare at Wal-Mart, Other Stores
- Eyewear Startup Lands Investor for 'Futuristic' Modular Collection
- Eye Doctors Receive $236M in Industry Payments
- Collection of Presidential Eyeglasses Brings $31K at Auction
- Eye Health Firm Raises $15M for Alzheimer's Test