Two ophthalmologists prompt the “whistleblower” suit.
Two Philadelphia-area ophthalmologists have charged Allergan --maker of Restasis, Lumigan and Refresh -- with offering illegal inducements to eye care professionals throughout the U.S., explicitly requesting that the eye doctors and optometrists prescribe Allergan's drugs. The complaint was filed under the “whistleblower” provisions of the False Claims Act, which encourages private citizens to come forward and report fraud. Noted one of the attorneys involved: “It is rare for successful, well-respected physicians to blow the whistle on the health care industry.” Allergan has declined comment on the charges.
Hear What the Industry Thinks About the Ultimate Lens Package by Essilor
Eye care professionals, patients, and Essilor sales consultants shared their feedback on the Ultimate Lens Package. Watch to see why they believe the innovation behind the lens can make the difference for your practice and for your patients. For more information on the Ultimate Lens Package, contact an Essilor Sales Consultant or click here.
INVISIONMAG ON INSTAGRAM
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- 255K Signatures Collected in Effort to Allow Eyecare at Wal-Mart, Other Stores
- Eyewear Startup Lands Investor for 'Futuristic' Modular Collection
- Eye Doctors Receive $236M in Industry Payments
- Collection of Presidential Eyeglasses Brings $31K at Auction
- Eye Health Firm Raises $15M for Alzheimer's Test