Kids use digital devices more than parents think – and suffer consequences.
Some 80 percent of children surveyed by the American Optometric Association report burning, itching or tired eyes after using digital devices for long periods. Eighty-three percent of children between 10 and 17 years old said they use an electronic device for three or more hours each day. In a separate survey of parents, however, only 40 percent said their children use an electronic device for the same amount of time. Eye care practitioners are concerned that this disparity may lead to parents overlooking the warning signs and symptoms of vision problems due to technology use, such as digital eye strain.
Hear What the Industry Thinks About the Ultimate Lens Package by Essilor
Eye care professionals, patients, and Essilor sales consultants shared their feedback on the Ultimate Lens Package. Watch to see why they believe the innovation behind the lens can make the difference for your practice and for your patients. For more information on the Ultimate Lens Package, contact an Essilor Sales Consultant or click here.
INVISIONMAG ON INSTAGRAM
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- 255K Signatures Collected in Effort to Allow Eyecare at Wal-Mart, Other Stores
- Eyewear Startup Lands Investor for 'Futuristic' Modular Collection
- Eye Doctors Receive $236M in Industry Payments
- Collection of Presidential Eyeglasses Brings $31K at Auction
- Eye Health Firm Raises $15M for Alzheimer's Test