Surveys had predicted the increase.
Small businesses, which put the brakes on hiring years ago, are finally starting to bring on more staff, The Associated Press reports.
The news agency cites a report from ADP, a payroll services company.
ADP found that in February, small businesses across the U.S. added 104,000. That was up from a monthly average of 60,000 in 2016.
Several surveys had predicted hiring increases in 2017, AP notes.
Businesses are citing a wide variety of reason for their increased hiring. Some foresee more business as a result of the new presidential administration's plans for more infrastructure and military spending.
Read more at The Associated Press
Hear What the Industry Thinks About the Ultimate Lens Package by Essilor
Eye care professionals, patients, and Essilor sales consultants shared their feedback on the Ultimate Lens Package. Watch to see why they believe the innovation behind the lens can make the difference for your practice and for your patients. For more information on the Ultimate Lens Package, contact an Essilor Sales Consultant or click here.
INVISIONMAG ON INSTAGRAM
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- 255K Signatures Collected in Effort to Allow Eyecare at Wal-Mart, Other Stores
- Eyewear Startup Lands Investor for 'Futuristic' Modular Collection
- Eye Doctors Receive $236M in Industry Payments
- Collection of Presidential Eyeglasses Brings $31K at Auction
- Eye Health Firm Raises $15M for Alzheimer's Test