Science turns its attention to eyewear.
A new technology for eyewear developed at the Georgia Institute of Technology allows wearers to change their transparent lenses into shaded ones, or vice versa, in seconds. According to Tech Times, “The new technology is a significant upgrade to transition lenses, which only become darker in shade when they are exposed to UV radiation or light. The new eyewear is able to switch the shade of its lenses when the wearer decides to do so.” Also on tap is a new eyeglasses hinge from an Italian designer “featuring a ‘five-vertebra design’ that attempts to mimic the human spine in its flexibility and durability.”
Hear What the Industry Thinks About the Ultimate Lens Package by Essilor
Eye care professionals, patients, and Essilor sales consultants shared their feedback on the Ultimate Lens Package. Watch to see why they believe the innovation behind the lens can make the difference for your practice and for your patients. For more information on the Ultimate Lens Package, contact an Essilor Sales Consultant or click here.
INVISIONMAG ON INSTAGRAM
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- 255K Signatures Collected in Effort to Allow Eyecare at Wal-Mart, Other Stores
- Eyewear Startup Lands Investor for 'Futuristic' Modular Collection
- Eye Doctors Receive $236M in Industry Payments
- Collection of Presidential Eyeglasses Brings $31K at Auction
- Eye Health Firm Raises $15M for Alzheimer's Test