Analysts predict increasing consolidation for the industry.
With an apparent dearth of $250-million investment opportunities out there, equity firms are turning their attentions to smaller scores, including independently owned optometry chains. “We’ve been wanting to invest in the largely fragmented independent, medically focused optometrist market,” says an exec for the equity firm that last week purchased Missouri-based Clarkson Eyecare, with 63 locations in its home state, plus 19 locations in Ohio and northern Kentucky. Another analyst says he expects half of the optical retail industry to consolidate via mergers and acquisitions in the next five years.
Hear What the Industry Thinks About the Ultimate Lens Package by Essilor
Eye care professionals, patients, and Essilor sales consultants shared their feedback on the Ultimate Lens Package. Watch to see why they believe the innovation behind the lens can make the difference for your practice and for your patients. For more information on the Ultimate Lens Package, contact an Essilor Sales Consultant or click here.
INVISIONMAG ON INSTAGRAM
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- 255K Signatures Collected in Effort to Allow Eyecare at Wal-Mart, Other Stores
- Eyewear Startup Lands Investor for 'Futuristic' Modular Collection
- Eye Doctors Receive $236M in Industry Payments
- Collection of Presidential Eyeglasses Brings $31K at Auction
- Eye Health Firm Raises $15M for Alzheimer's Test