Researchers have identified a vision-guarding element of the immune system.
Scientists at Trinity College Dublin have made a major breakthrough with important implications for sufferers of Age-Related Macular Degeneration. The researchers have identified a component of the immune system, “IL-18,” which acts as a kind of safeguard against damaged blood vessels at the back of the eye, that can be administered in a clinical, non-invasive way to patients of the disease. The discovery could represent a major breakthrough in therapeutic options for patients.
Hear What the Industry Thinks About the Ultimate Lens Package by Essilor
Eye care professionals, patients, and Essilor sales consultants shared their feedback on the Ultimate Lens Package. Watch to see why they believe the innovation behind the lens can make the difference for your practice and for your patients. For more information on the Ultimate Lens Package, contact an Essilor Sales Consultant or click here.
INVISIONMAG ON INSTAGRAM
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- 255K Signatures Collected in Effort to Allow Eyecare at Wal-Mart, Other Stores
- Eyewear Startup Lands Investor for 'Futuristic' Modular Collection
- Eye Doctors Receive $236M in Industry Payments
- Collection of Presidential Eyeglasses Brings $31K at Auction
- Eye Health Firm Raises $15M for Alzheimer's Test