Trend is particularly dramatic in children.
Evidence appears to be mounting that focusing on electronics -- computers, tablets, cell phones -- at close range is contributing to nearsightedness in children at early ages. “It’s a sign of the times, says Chicago optometrist Robert Steinmetz. “Recently we’re seeing more and more children come in with nearsightedness in first and second and third grade.” he says. The National Eye Institute found a 66 percent increase in nearsightedness for all ages, since the early 1970s, the era when electronics started coming into homes.
Hear What the Industry Thinks About the Ultimate Lens Package by Essilor
Eye care professionals, patients, and Essilor sales consultants shared their feedback on the Ultimate Lens Package. Watch to see why they believe the innovation behind the lens can make the difference for your practice and for your patients. For more information on the Ultimate Lens Package, contact an Essilor Sales Consultant or click here.
INVISIONMAG ON INSTAGRAM
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- 255K Signatures Collected in Effort to Allow Eyecare at Wal-Mart, Other Stores
- Eyewear Startup Lands Investor for 'Futuristic' Modular Collection
- Eye Doctors Receive $236M in Industry Payments
- Collection of Presidential Eyeglasses Brings $31K at Auction
- Eye Health Firm Raises $15M for Alzheimer's Test