(Press Release) PINELLAS PARK, FL — Transitions Optical Inc. has announced the members of its 2016 Diversity Advisory Board, which will help guide and strengthen ongoing efforts through the Transitions Cultural Connections initiative. The seven-member board consists of eye health, cultural and style experts for each of the largest and fastest-growing ethnic groups in the U.S.
Recognizing that eyecare professionals play an integral role when it comes to educating patients about industry trends, Transitions Optical has added a new member to the board for 2016: Diana Canto-Sims, O.D..
“A seasoned optometrist and practice owner, Dr. Canto-Sims has more than 25 years of experience serving Hispanic and millennial patients,” says Patience Cook, director, North America Marketing, Transitions Optical. “We are excited to have her join the board and provide insights into the style and cultural needs of these growing and increasingly influential groups.”
Returning Diversity Advisory Board members in 2016 include:
- Allert Brown-Gort – senior research fellow, Institute for Work and the Economy
- Brian Chou, O.D., F.A.A.O. – EyeLux Optometry, San Diego
- Mila Ferrer – co-founder of Familias con Diabetes and blogger for Jaime, mi dulce guerrero
- Edwin Marshall, O.D. M.S., M.P.H. – professor emeritus of optometry and former vice president for
- Diversity, Equity and Multicultural Affairs, Indiana University
- Kirk Smick, O.D., F.A.A.O. – chief of optometry services, Clayton Eye Center, Atlanta
- Vincent K. Young, M.D. – chairman, Division of Ophthalmology, Albert Einstein Medical Center, Philadelphia
Throughout the year, board members will weigh in on the programs and resources available from Transitions Optical to support eyecare professionals in their efforts to better serve their culturally diverse patients. Resources are available free-of-charge to eyecare professionals at MyMulticulturalToolkit.com.
Hear What the Industry Thinks About the Ultimate Lens Package by Essilor
Eye care professionals, patients, and Essilor sales consultants shared their feedback on the Ultimate Lens Package. Watch to see why they believe the innovation behind the lens can make the difference for your practice and for your patients. For more information on the Ultimate Lens Package, contact an Essilor Sales Consultant or click here.