'Implementing a cause campaign will have many benefits for our members.'
(Press Release) WEST COVINA, CA – Professional Eyecare Resource Co-Operative (PERC) and Infinity Vision Alliance (IVA) have entered into a partnership with Essilor Vision Foundation (EVF), a public charity that works with schools, non-profit partners and communities to provide eye exams and glasses to children in need of vision care. From Sept. 1, 2017, through Aug. 30, 2019, PERC/IVA will donate $2 to EVF for every Iconik frame sold, and $1 for every Public Eyeworks frame sold through PERC/IVA Advantage, with a minimum annual donation of $10,000.
Dr. David Golden, president of PERC, believes members and patients will embrace the charitable co-venture with EVF.
"Implementing a cause campaign will have many benefits for our members," Golden said. "It’s a way for them to differentiate themselves from the competition, increase patient loyalty, and strengthen relationships with their staff."
To support the partnership, Essilor of America is providing marketing materials to help PERC/IVA Advantage members promote the charitable line of frames in their offices and online ordering websites.
Kim Schuy, president of Essilor Vision Foundation, says research shows that promoting a cause is good for business.
"We conducted a survey asking consumers how they felt about eyecare professionals who execute donation campaigns in their offices," Schuy said. "The Charitable Cause Consumer Research Survey results support the fact that customers prefer practices that engage charitable causes."
The survey found:
- 61 percent of customers would choose an eyecare professional who supported a charitable cause over one who did not.
- 85 percent of consumers felt that the cause of vision was very or extremely important to them.
- 71 percent of customers were likely to choose a brand of eyeglasses that supports a charitable cause.
- 67 percent of consumers definitely or probably would make an in-office donation to the EVF campaign.
The purpose of the PERC/IVA-EVF program is to raise awareness about the need for vision services in the U.S., as one in four children in America has a vision impairment significant enough to affect their learning. PERC/IVA Advantage members’ staff and patients can make a difference as the purchase of every Iconik and Public Eyeworks frame sold will help a child to see the world clearly.
Hear What the Industry Thinks About the Ultimate Lens Package by Essilor
Eye care professionals, patients, and Essilor sales consultants shared their feedback on the Ultimate Lens Package. Watch to see why they believe the innovation behind the lens can make the difference for your practice and for your patients. For more information on the Ultimate Lens Package, contact an Essilor Sales Consultant or click here.
INVISIONMAG ON INSTAGRAM
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- 255K Signatures Collected in Effort to Allow Eyecare at Wal-Mart, Other Stores
- Eyewear Startup Lands Investor for 'Futuristic' Modular Collection
- Eye Doctors Receive $236M in Industry Payments
- Collection of Presidential Eyeglasses Brings $31K at Auction
- Eye Health Firm Raises $15M for Alzheimer's Test