(press release) PINELLAS PARK, FL — Transitions Optical has announced the members of its Diversity Advisory Board for 2018. This seven-member Board consists of eye health, cultural and style experts for each of the largest and fastest-growing ethnic groups in the U.S. and will help guide the Transitions Cultural Connections initiative.
To continue to expand the group and incorporate a millennial eye doctor’s perspective, Transitions Optical has added a new member to the Diversity Advisory Board for 2018: Lina Arango, O.D.
“We are excited to have Dr. Lina Arango bring her experience serving millennial and Hispanic patients to the Diversity Advisory Board in 2018,” said Patience Cook, director, North America marketing, Transitions Optical. “Our Diversity Advisory Board members share our commitment to helping eyecare professionals better understand and meet the vision care needs of an increasingly diverse population, and the addition of Dr. Arango will certainly help continue that mission.”
Returning Diversity Advisory Board members in 2018 include:
- Allert Brown-Gort – Senior Research Fellow, Institute for Work and the Economy
- Brian Chou, O.D., F.A.A.O. – EyeLux Optometry, San Diego
- Diana Canto-Sims, O.D. and Optician – Buena Vista Optical, Chicago
- Mila Ferrer – Co-f
- Edwin Marshall, O.D. M.S., M.P.H. – Professor Emeritus of Optometry and FormerVice President for Diversity, Equity and Multicultural Affairs, Indiana University
- Vincent K. Young, M.D. – Chairman, Division of Ophthalmology, Albert Einstein Medical Center, Philadelphia
Transitions Optical provides its industry partners with the tools and education they need to better serve and improve communication with their culturally diverse patients. Resources are available free to eyecare professionals at TransitionsPRO.com/Multicultural.