(PRESS RELEASE) On June 12, 2018, Healthy Eyes Advantage, Inc., (HEA) announced that it has enhanced its leadership team with the addition of four new members.
McGrann Named Executive Chairman
Effective June 1, Jim McGrann was named Executive Chairman. McGrann is an experienced leader with a demonstrated history of delivering results in the healthcare, insurance, technology, supply chain and consulting industries. He possesses a multi-faceted skill set that includes business strategy development, profitable growth delivery, integration expertise, customer experience management and information technology strategy development. During his 20-year career in the eye care industry, McGrann has served as President & CEO of VSP Global, President of VSP Vision Care, Chief Technology Officer of VSP Global, President of Eyefinity and CIO of Marchon Eyewear. In addition to chairing the Healthy Eyes Advantage board of directors, McGrann will work closely with Jeff Rinkus, HEA’s President and CEO, to oversee the company’s strategic direction and to execute its business plan.
“I am delighted to join the Healthy Eyes Advantage leadership team. Each of the entities that comprise HEA has a rich and important history in the vision space. We are building on this foundation to create something new and unique that empowers independent eye care professionals to succeed in a rapidly evolving optical industry,” McGrann said of his appointment. “I look forward to guiding the company’s growth under the new Healthy Eyes Advantage brand.”
Healthy Eyes Advantage was formed by Nautic Partners in November 2017 upon acquiring four of the nation’s largest eyecare buying groups: HMI/Red Tray/ClubZero, Vision West, C&E and Block Business Group. “Since the formation of Healthy Eyes Advantage late last year, our team has been working to enhance the value we deliver to independent eye care professionals through our strategic business and practice solutions partners,” said Rinkus. McGrann and Rinkus indicated that additional details of the company’s new offerings will be made available to the group’s members and to the industry within the next few weeks.
Additional Executive Appointments Add Experience to the HEA Team
Healthy Eyes Advantage also announced three additional new members to its executive team. “Building out an executive team with experience across the eye care industry is an important part of our strategy for long-term success. In an environment where rapid changes are happening within the independent eye care professional (IECP) and vendor partner communities, it is imperative that we increase our service and speed to market with options that improve the value for IECPs and for our strategic vendor partners. It's critical that our leaders possess a broad range of industry knowledge, strong business acumen, and a thorough understanding of the members we serve. These executive team additions are an important step forward in that direction,” said Rinkus.
- Lorie Lippiatt, OD, has assumed the position of Senior Vice President of Professional Strategies. For the last 15 years, Dr. Lippiatt has been keenly focused on technology integration, electronic health records and practice management. She lectures nationally on the topics of EHR and technology integration and has authored numerous journal articles on these topics. Dr. Lippiatt is the founder and owner of Salem Eye Care Center, a successful optometric practice in Salem, Ohio, where she continues to practice. She has been recognized as one of Vision Monday’s Women of Distinction: 50 Most Influential Women in Optical.
- Stephanie Lucas has joined the team as Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing. Lucas brings more than 30 years’ experience in the vision and health benefits industries, with an emphasis on business development and relationship management. Prior to joining Healthy Eyes Advantage, Lucas was Vice President of Health Plan Services for Superior Vision where she was responsible for developing and managing relationships with national and regional health plans across the country.
Lucas is responsible for integrating the brands that compromise Healthy Eyes Advantage, as well as executing strategic marketing and sales initiatives to fuel HEA's growth and create successful business collaborations.
- Shani Lenard has joined the company as Vice President of HEA Services. Lenard brings more than 20 years of business management experience that includes practice management, national provider conferences and human resources.Prior to joining Healthy Eyes Advantage, she was the leader of talent development for a multi-billion-dollar physician practice group. There, she implemented new physician-centered programs to drive engagement, retention and education.
Lenard is responsible for ensuring that the company's members receive world-class service, overseeing education strategies, and facilitating HEA's participation in conferences and other industry events.
These executives join the established Healthy Eyes Advantage leadership team that includes, in addition to Rinkus, the following individuals:
- Andrew Alcorn, Executive Vice President
- Diane John, Vice President of Marketing
- Shirleen Prescott, Vice President of Operations; and
- Josh Mesirow, Vice President of Vendor Relations
“With these additions to our leadership team, Healthy Eyes Advantage is ready to execute on providing simplified solutions to the everyday challenges faced by IECPs and to delivering value to our strategic vendor partners,” said McGrann. “We look forward to announcing details regarding new program offerings over the next few weeks.”
About Healthy Eyes Advantage
Healthy Eyes Advantage provides business and practice solutions and group purchasing services to more than 10,000 independent eyecare professionals. Based in Boca Raton, FL, with offices in San Clemente, CA; San Diego, CA; and Vicksburg, MS, the company provides full customer support through these regional offices.