(PRESS RELEASE) ALEXANDRIA, VA – Vision Expo West, taking place Sept. 26-29 in Las Vegas, NV, will introduce an expansive scope of education, products, trends and solutions that keep the industry updated on best practices in patient care, practice management, retail strategies and more.
New to Vision Expo West 2018:
- Attract and Retain Customers
- Ocular Aesthetics
- Supporting the Practice Experience
- Clinical Concepts for Opticians and Technicians
- Private Equity and Eye Care: Should I Stay or Should I Go?
- Special Live Event: Private Equity Takes Root – What Does It Mean for Optometry?
- ODs on Facebook After Dark
“What’s always great about Vision Expo is the diversity of educational opportunities. From retail to clinical and all the way to Private Equity, ocular aesthetics and social media, we really do have something for every practice and team,” said Ben Gaddie, OD, co-chair of the Vision Expo Conference Advisory Board. “This year you’ll see more ‘How To’ courses that help translate new ideas and concepts into clinical practice quicker. I’m also particularly happy with our high-demand workshop offerings for the newest innovations in eyecare technology.”
The 30th Anniversary of Vision Expo West features sessions that provide insight on the future while using history as a guiding force, including:
- The State of the CL Industry: Future Trends in Contact Lenses and Ocular Surface, Where Have We Been and Where Are We Going
- OptiCon @ Vision Expo’s General Session - Back to the Future: Why Our Past Matters
- The Future of Optometry: Telehealth & Eyecare - Challenge & Opportunity
Opticians and Contact Lens Technicians can use the OptiCon @ Vision Expo Advisory Board curated list of top education picks.
- The OptiCon value pricing package includes up to 15 hours of continuing education, two lunch vouchers, exclusive special events, access to the Exhibit Hall and discounted rates at a dedicated hotel.
- ABO & NCLE will offer exam review courses for the National Opticianry Competency Exam (NOCE) and Contact Lens Registry Exam (CLRE) for both basic and advanced levels.
- NOCE and CLRE exams will be available to take onsite at Vision Expo West on Saturday, Sept. 29.
Returning attendee favorites include these tracks of education:
- Owner’s and Manager’s Essentials
- Spectacle Lens Expert
- Dispensing Essentials
- Free Global Contact Lens Forum
- Free Ocular Surface Disease and Wellness Symposium
- Free Vision Series
- Workshops for OCT, Scleral Lens and Specialty Lens
Education opportunities expand to the Exhibit Hall through trends presentations, expert styling sessions, and the returning Corporate OD Panel and invitation-only Boutique Buyer Panel. As previously announced, several panels with celebrity speakers will take place in the new show floor destination, the BLOCK.
The comprehensive program features over 300 hours of education and 23 specialty tracks, providing education for the entire staff and all aspects of an eyecare and eyewear practice or retail business. View personalized education highlights and the interactive education brochure here. The early bird pricing deadline ends Aug. 29, 2018.