Handcrafted in Berlin, the Sesi from the Mykita Lite collection is an ultra-light stainless steel and slender acetetae square-shaped optical frame in seven colors. MSRP: $519
The Sesi by Mykita, Theo and Res/Rei. Harris Decker, Eye Designs of Westchester, Scarsdale, NY
Top-selling vision brands in April*
Ray-Ban (14), NIKE (5), Blackfin (4), MODO (4), Barton Perreira (3), DUTZ (3), Etnia Barcelona (3), FYSH (3), Kate Spade (3), Tom Ford (3), Vera Bradley (3), Coach (2), Europa (2), Guess (2), Gucci (2), L.A.M.B. (2), Jimmy Choo (2), l.a. Eyeworks (2), Lafont (2), Marc Jacobs (2), Marchon NYC (2), Prada (2), Prodesign (2), Realtree (2), Safilo (2), SALT. (2), Seraphin (2), Theo (2)
Ray-Ban (25), Maui Jim (16), Oakley (8), Kate Spade (7), Costa (5), Coach (3), Vera Bradley (3), Calvin Klein (2), Fiction by l.a. Eyeworks (2), Kaenon (2), Michael Kors (2), NIKE (2), Oliver Peoples (2), Polaroid (2), Wiley X (2), Zeal (2)
* Brands mentioned by multiple Brain Squad members when asked what had sold well in April. Join at invisionmag.com/brainsquad
- We recently brought in Seamless by Inspecs, and they are doing great! Similar to Silhouettes, but with a more edgy look and lower price point. Jade Kowalick, Rophie Eye Care, Dunedin, FL
- Kids’ Carrera sunglasses are a great look and price point. They moved really well heading into summer. Blake Hutto, OD, Family Vision Care, Alma, GA
- Quay are fun and priced well. Sabina Krasnov, i2ioptique, Scottsdale, AZ
- Rounds and P3 shapes, like the Socrate from Lafont. We are having more people ask for the shape and liking it on themselves. Jenna Gilbertson, McCulley Optix Gallery, Fargo, ND
- A&A’s XXL men’s frames and Snelling large women’s frames. Alexander Saper, Great Glasses, Houston, TX
- The Europa line continues to do well with our value-conscious customers. Lindberg is always our best-selling high end line. Barbara Bloom, OD, Weber Vision Care, Harrisburg, PA
- Gucci by Kering Eyewear — surprising best seller for our ophthalmology practice. Erin Pillsbury, Shasta Eye Medical Group, Redding, CA
- We can’t keep the bebe Mamacita on the shelf. Frances Ann Layton, Eye Associates of South GA, Valdosta, GA
- SALT. Elaine, it’s a perfect uplifting, feminine frame and comes in amazing colors. Dave Schultz, OD, Urban Optics, San Luis Obispo, CA
- Bostonian by Boston Eye Design and Wired by Avalon. Billy Isgett, Eyecare of Florence, Florence, SC
- Sospiri is getting a lot of buzz. Very exquisite jeweled frames. Scott Keating, OD, Vision Trends, Dover, OH
- Blackfin and ic! berlin are becoming very popular with men. Susan Frein, Ankeny Family Vision Center, Ankeny, IA
- NIKE customers are extremely brand loyal. Paul Londraville, In Focus Eyewear, Greensboro, NC
- Vera Bradley. Our area is very focused on the Vera Bradley handbags and accessories. Lisa Floyd, Amazing Eyes Optical Boutique, Foley, AL
- Cover Girl made a comeback last month with vibrant colors and unique shapes. Amanda Barber, Desmone Family Eyecare, Havelock, NC
- Barton Perreira, as always. We also sold a lot of MODO. I think we are about to return to a thinner, lighter style. Melissa Williams, Village Eyecare Co., Grand Blanc, MI
- We just brought in Tiffany & Co. and it’s been flying off the board! We had to put an order in within 30 days of introducing it to our patients. Josh Bladh, Dr. Bladh OD, Diamond Bar, CA
- Lou & Cyd, fiction by l.a. Eyeworks — just super easy and fun styles, and the Andy Wolf Gloria, an extravagant take on a classic look. Siobhan Burns, The Eyeglass Lass, New London, CT
Charmant’s Isaac Mizrahi sunwear line is just fabulous! The IM30216 is stunning, but every frame in the collection rocks. Great job Charmant! Tracy Gillotte, Focusers, Bensalem, PA
The Isaac Mizrahi IM30216 has a chic, updated, butterfly shape with tortoise on the lower half adding drama with its ombre effect. MSRP: $165
This article originally appeared in the June 2017 edition of INVISION.
What's the Brain Squad?
If you're the owner or top manager of a U.S. eyecare business serving the public, you're invited to join the INVISION Brain Squad. By taking one five-minute quiz a month, you can get a free t-shirt, be featured prominently in this magazine, and make your voice heard on key issues affecting eyecare professionals. Good deal, right? Sign up here.
Hear What the Industry Thinks About the Ultimate Lens Package by Essilor
Eye care professionals, patients, and Essilor sales consultants shared their feedback on the Ultimate Lens Package. Watch to see why they believe the innovation behind the lens can make the difference for your practice and for your patients. For more information on the Ultimate Lens Package, contact an Essilor Sales Consultant or click here.