(Press Release) Digital Eye Lab, a division of ABB OPTICAL GROUP, has launched bluDEFENSE, a new anti-reflective coating under the lab's propriety CLARIS brand.
DEL's new bluDEFENSE AR coating protects the eyes by reflecting harmful blue light and allowing only beneficial light to pass through the lens.
"Many patients aren't aware of the possible hazards of digital eye strain, especially considering the number of hours they spend on smartphones, tablets and computers," said Scott Pearl, managing director of Digital Eye Lab. "All patients would benefit from our exclusive bluDEFENSE technology."
According to the Vision Council's 2015 Digital Eye Strain Report, nearly one-third of adults spend more than half of their waking hours using a digital device and more than 70 percent of adults are unaware of the potential dangers of blue light to the eyes. Exposure to blue light has been associated with dry and irritated eyes, blurred vision, headaches, difficulty focusing and neck and shoulder pain.
Features and benefits of the new CLARIS bluDEFENSE technology include:
- allowing beneficial blue light to pass through the lens;
- reflecting harmful blue light and UV light away from the eye;
- protecting the eyes from harmful HEV light by reducing backside reflection;
- reducing scatter and glare for better vision and clarity;
- improving comfort and reducing digital eye strain, eye fatigue and headaches; and
- maintaining transparency of the lens.
Eye care practitioners interested in offering CLARIS bluDEFENSE technology to their patients should contact Digital Eye Lab at 1.866.866.8673 or visit DigitalEyeLab.com.