This month's question: Do you stay open on Black Friday to capitalize on holiday shoppers?
- We’re located in a small town with limited retailers, so most people travel to shop. Blake Hutto, OD, Family Vision Care, Alma, GA
- There’s very low patient flow and lots of no-shows. Angie Patteson, OD, Sunset Eye Care, Johnson City, TN
- We choose to close our optical for the long holiday weekend. We feel it is more important to invest in employee happiness. Plus, we want to be out there getting the Black Friday deals! Leah Johnson, Central Texas Eye Center, San Marcos, TX
- We will be open that Saturday because it is American Express Small Business Saturday. Ron Catterson, Clear View Optix, The Villages, FL
We close in order to spend time with our families. People aren’t trying to get eye exams and buy eyewear on Black Friday around here. Aaron Baker, McKinney Eyeworks, McKinney, TX
- I’m not going to try to compete and slash my prices. Michael Martorana, Falls City Eye Care, Louisville, KY
- Our office values family time and chooses to close to allow employees to enjoy the holiday with their loved ones. Christine Howard, Attleboro Vision Care, Attleboro, MA
- We close to avoid the madness and mayhem of Black Friday. It’s a trade-off from sales to peace of mind. David Savaglio, Savaglio Family Vision, Kenosha, WI
- Four day weekend-party!! We normally close for Thanksgiving weekend. Mark Perry, OD, Vision Health Institute, Orlando, FL
- That is the day we launch our holiday 50 percent off frame sale to get rid of older inventory. We focus on Small Business Saturday. Harris Decker, Eye Designs Of Westchester, Scarsdale, NY
- We stay open. We don’t run any promotions but make sure the doctors are fully booked. Nicole Miele, Consumer Optical, Schenectady, NY
- One of the busiest days of the year for us. Everyone else is off work and out shopping. Dave Goodrich, Goodrich Optical, Lansing, MI
- We do a Black Friday/Small Business Saturday promotion, usually a big discount, like 50 percent off all frames with a purchase of lenses. Those two days are usually some of our busiest of the entire year. Barbara Bloom, OD, Weber Vision Care, Harrisburg, PA
- I’ll usually run some type of promotion to generate traffic, such as a BOGO or half price sale. Mitchell Kaufman, Marine Park Family Vision, Brooklyn, NY
- Free frame on full second pair with purchase of complete pair of glasses. Brad J. Dobson, OD, Bee Cave Vision Center, Bee Cave, TX
- Business as usual but am considering a special for this year. Dorothy Reynolds, Optical Alternatives, Milford, CT
This article originally appeared in the November-December 2017 edition of INVISION.
Hear What the Industry Thinks About the Ultimate Lens Package by Essilor
Eye care professionals, patients, and Essilor sales consultants shared their feedback on the Ultimate Lens Package. Watch to see why they believe the innovation behind the lens can make the difference for your practice and for your patients. For more information on the Ultimate Lens Package, contact an Essilor Sales Consultant or click here.