Blake Hutto, OD
Family Vision Care, Alma, GA
Dr. Blake Hutto, co-owner of Family Vision Care in Alma, GA, originally founded in 1955, moved back to his hometown after graduating from Nova Southeastern University in 2013. “Making an impact in a small town is amazing,” he says. “People still tell me ‘Thank you for moving back to Alma.’ That’s humbling. This is home and deciding to practice here was easy, but people are thankful to see young doctors willing to practice outside larger cities.” Which isn’t to say owning a practice is easy. “It’s significant extra work with overwhelming payoffs,” Hutto says. Luckily, he has a way to keep it all in perspective. “After my worst day at work, my way to unwind is simple. I leave work. Exiting the building doesn’t mean leaving everything behind and not worrying about it but when I get home to my wife and kids (Megan and sons, Dutch and Elliott) the stress subsides. Stress and laughter don’t coexist well, so we choose laughter,” he concludes.
PHOTO BY LISA SMILEY PHOTOGRAPHY
This article originally appeared in the March 2017 edition of INVISION.
Latest Fun Stories
- Cartoon: What If Movie Characters Had Poor Eyesight? (Star Wars)
- Cartoon: What If Movie Characters Had Poor Eyesight? (Harry Potter)
- Cartoon: What If Movie Characters Had Poor Eyesight? (Jurassic Park)
- Cartoon: What If Movie Characters Had Poor Eyesight? (Indiana Jones)
- What I Want To Say to All Those Customers Who Ask Me About Religion